Leasing your property, whether it’s an office space or apartment, is about determining market rate, finding the right tenant, minimising vacancies, and maximising the return on your investment.
Achieving this on your own as a landlord investor – and keeping up with the many other related tasks of property management – can be time consuming and difficult.
Finding a dedicated and experienced property manager to assist you, is often the best option to ensure you get the most from your property.
But how do you know when you’ve found the right property manager?
To help you in your search and decision-making process, Stills Properties has compiled a list of the top eight things to find out before you hand over the management of your investment property to just anyone.
How to find the right property manager for your property?
- Make sure the agency has a team or department dedicated to leasing and managing properties.
- Check if the agency’s owner or principal has a role in the everyday functioning of the property management team.
- Find out the number of years’ experience the agent has specifically in property management.
- Determine the agent’s involvement in and process for dealing with tenancy problems.
- Establish the agent’s tenant screening and background check procedure and ensure the financial situation of prospective tenants is also verified.
- Find out the number of properties the agent managers.
- Establish if the agent conducts and attends regular property inspections with tenants.
- Confirm the agent’s processes for rental payment and arrears management.
If you would like to discuss your investment property with a dedicated and experienced property manager, contact Stills Properties today.